Milk = 1 ltr (full cream)
Basmati rice = 1/4 cup
Sugar = 1 cup
Water = 1/4 cup hot water
Chopped dry fruits of your choice
How to :
- Clean, wash and soak the basmati rice for about 15 mins in water.
- Heat a empty pressure pan without lid to a very hot temperature.
- Then add about 2 tbs of sugar, wait till it caramelizes. This will provide the color to the kheer.
- When the sugar has become really dark brown, add 1/4 cup of hot water. Make sure you do that carefully becoz the pan will be very HOT.
- Add the milk & the soaked basmati rice. When the milk boils close the cooker with the weight, and reduce the flame.
- Cook this way for about 20-25 mins. Turn of the stove.
- Open the cooker after the pressure leaves the stove & add sugar and mix well.
- Cook for 2 mins without the lid
- Serve hot or cold with Chopped dry fruits of your choice.