Urad dhal(whole black) = 1/2 cup
Rajma = 4 tbs
Onion = 1 chopped
Tomato = 1 chopped
Garlic = 2-3 finely chopped
Ginger-garlic paste = 1 tbs
Cumin = 1 tsp
Garam masala = 1 tsp
Red chilli powder = 1/2 tsp
Dried red chillies = 2
Cream = 1/4 cup
Butter = 1 tbs
Oil = 1 tbs
Salt to taste
Water = 2 cups
How to :
- Soak the Urad dhal and Rajma overnight in water.
- Take a small handi pressure cooker (any cooker will do). Heat 1 tbs of oil.
- Add onion and a pinch of a salt, saute it till nicely done.
- To the browned onions add ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and chillie powder.
- Cook for 5 mins, add the soaked dhal & water.
- Cook it for 3-4 whistles. Switch off the stove. Don't rush to open it let it cook in the steam.
- Once pressure leaves the cooker add the milk and cream and cook it for 2 mins.
- In a small frying pan, heat butter, add jeera, wait for it to fry until golden.
- Put the chokh(jeera+butter) into the dal. Sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread...