Mutton Chukka is one such recipe that does not require elaborate preparation and also there is no compromise on taste :-). This recipe is for two people but i can finish it off alone if I'm really hungry lol...
Mutton = 1/4 kg boneless small pieces
Onion = 1 Big diced
Tomato = 2 Medium diced
Garlic = 3 pods
Ginger = 1/4 inch piece
Red Chille powder = 1 tsp
Coriander powder = 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder =1 big pinch
Curry leaves = 10-15
Salt = to taste
Oil =2 tbs
To roast and dry grind to a fine powder :
Cinnamon = 1 inch
Clove = 3
Cardamom = 2
Black pepper (sabut) = 1 tsp
Fennel = 1 tsp
Cumin =1/2 tsp
How to :
- Pressure cook up to 3 whistle the following items : mutton, onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, chille powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, water and salt.
- In the mean-time, dry roast the items given in "To Roast" and once it cools down grind it in a mixer and keep aside.
- Take a kadai (preferably aluminum) and add oil (if the mutton pieces already have fat on it, you can add less oil.
- Add curry leaves to the hot oil.
- Add the mutton pieces and the freshly prepared Masala in step 2.
- Cook in high flame till all the masala is absorbed and all you are left with is nicely browned pieces of spicy mutton.
- Serve hot with rice or anything that fancies you.