Whoever said that girls can't keep a secrets was so damn well RIGHT.....
I cooked the recipe the very next day and my god it was heavenly.
Paneer = 200 gm pack cubed any brand (you can also substitute it with tofu which is easily available in dept stores)
Onion = 1 large finely chopped
Ginger-garlic paste = 1 tbs
Coriander powder = 1 tbs
Garam masala = 1 tps
Red chillie powder = 1 tps
Tomato puree = 1 tomato pulp (you can also buy the kissan tomato puree pack)
Tomato sauce/ketchup = 1 tbs
Kasuri Methi = 1 Big pinch
Milk = 1/2 cup
Cream =1 cup ( i got amul cream)
Oil = 3 tps
Salt to taste
How to :
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a non-stick pan and fry the paneer pieces.
- Take the paneer pieces and dunk them onto a bowl of warm water, this will ensure that the paneer stays super soft.
- If you are lazy like me you can use the same pan in which you fried the paneer or you could use a new one.
- Heat the pan add the remainig oil fry onion with a pinch a salt.
- Saute it till nicely done toa golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, garam masala, chille powder and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 mins, add tomato puree, tomato sauce, kasuri methi and the milk.
- Cook covered for 5 mins in the simmer mode of the gas stove.
- Add the panner(squeeze the excess water before you add it to the gravy) and add the cream.
- Mix well and cook it for another 2 mins.
- Serve hot with any sort of Indian bread....