This below recipe is very yummy but needs patience to prepare the coconut milk. This gravy type can be used to make panner, soya chunks etc..,,use your imagination...
Eggs = 3 bolied,shelled and cut in half
Onion = 2 thinly sliced
Thick coconut milk = 1 cup
Thin coconut milk = 1 cup
Ginger-garlic paste = 1 tbs
Red chillie powder = 1 tsp
Turmeric powder = 1 tsp
Corriander powder = 1 tsp
Garam masala = 1 tsp
Salt = as per taste
Freshly chopped corriander for garnish
For Tempering :
Mustard seeds = 1/4 tsp
Jeera = 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves = lil
Oil = 2 tsp
Before we start the preparation, just wanted to let you know how to prepare thick and thin coconut milk. For coconut milk, we grind the coconut pieces(1 coconut) in 1/4 cup of water and strain it. This milk will be thick and is called the thick coconut milk. Again grind the coconut with 1/2 cup of water,,this one will be comparatively thinner in consistency, hence thin coconut milk.....If you are to lazy to go through all this then just buy the ready made coconut milk and dilute it.
How to :
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the ingredients given in temper.
- Add onion, pinch of salt and saute it till golden brown.
- To this add the giner garlic paste ad saute till you get rid of the raw smell.
- Add chille powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder.
- Quickly add thin coconut milk and reduce the flame. Bring it to boil and let it cook for about 3-4 mins.
- While in low flame, add thick coconut milk and the eggs and salt.
- Let it be there for about another minute add chopped green coriander.
P.S. : To get the authentic kerala(malabar) feel you could temper it with cooking coconut oil(not parachute).