Rice = 1 cup washed and cooked
Lemon = 1-2 cut in half and take the juice
Groundnut = 1 tbs fried in lil oil
Cashew nut = 1 tbs fried in oil
salt = to taste
To Temper :
Oil = 2 tbs
Mustard seeds = 1 tsp
broken urad dhal = 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram = 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves = 2 springs
Turmeric powder = 1/4 tsp
Hing = 1 big pinch
Green chillies = 2 finely chopped
Ginger = 2 inch in length finely chopped
How To :
- Cook rice as you would do everyday and keep aside.
- In a small saucepan, add oil wait for it to get hot.
- Add all the items given under TEMPER in the order listed.
- Switch of the stove and the lemon juice (if you add it while still on stove it will become bitter).
- Add this mixture onto the cooked rice and throw in the nuts.
- Serve hot with papads or any subzi..it tastes best with fried potatoes.