Saturday, December 25, 2010

Pears Pure & Gentle Cleansing faceWash Review

I'm gonna review the Pears face wash..i love all the TV ads they are so cute. When i was younger i always believed that using this soap will make my skin "MASOOM" like the girl in the add..hehehe... I'm not gonna rant on&on abt it ..so go read for yourself.....and hey MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.....
Pears Facewash

Price : Rs 50..

Net Weight : 60 g

Shelf life : 2 years,...believe you me its gonna over before that...

The product on my hand


What the product claims & Key ingredients : Pears is the gentle way to keep your skin looking innocent and beautiful. It is enriches with pure glycerin and natural oils that gently moisturize skin to keep it smooth while its mild fragrance and soft lather ensure that your skin gets the pampering it deserves. These are the ingredients ....GLYCERIN, ACRYLIC COPOLYMER, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYL CHLORISOTHIAZOLINONE, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, BENZOPHENONE-3, LEMON, FAGUS SYLAVATICA, LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, WATER and SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE

Directions to use : SQUEEZE A LITTLE GEL ON YOUR FINGERTIP APPLY ON FACE AND WORK UP A LATHER, IF GEL GETS INTO YOUR EYES RINSE WELL WITH WATER, USE DAILY FOR BEST RESULTS SOAP FREE WASHING PREPARATION.

Availability : Its available in most of the stores..

Lathered on my hand without water

My experience :

* This is my HG face wash coz no matter what i always come back to it.


* I love the amber colour of the face wash and is very thick in consistency.

* It smells great..abt that this is the one with the new packing..and it has a different smell than the old one..i definitely think it has some sandalwood smell..or is it just my nose...do let me know...

* Its great for me in the summers but can't say the same abt dry wintery season..when nothing seem to work.

* This tube come with a flap opening..so its convenient to use..

* Lathers so well that you actually just need about a 25 paise coin size amount for the entire face and neck.

* I get smooth squeaky clean skin after i wash my face and makes my skin very soft too.

* Loooovvvveeee the price......

Repurchase : For sure even if i get new face washes along the way......

21 comments:

  1. nice review.i hav always loved their transparent soaps!!!!and merry christmas to u too

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have used it !! its really nice !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deeptima : good to know that you used it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Aswathy..nice name..btw what does it mean??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate this new face wash. The earlier one was awesome and I was using it since school. So, its been more than 5-6 yrs I hv been using it. For no reason at all, they changed that facewash and introduced this crappy new one. Infact, I have even lodged a complaint with Hindustan Unilever for changing the ingredients of the product. As mentioned, I have been using the old earlier facewash.. the one which had hydrolysed milk protein and glycerin. U can say I am its biggest fan, but they just removed it now and introduced the new range in 3 colors ( same as their soaps ). The problem is, the earlier orange one is not the same as the new orange one. Earlier one had glycerin, milk protein, and NO chemically tingling smell. Besides it brought a glow. This new orange one is CRAP ! I checked the ingredients… they have changed the contents.. it has many more chemicals now and the worst part is the skin just feels clear, no softness or glow like the earlier orange one. Also this new orange one is more like a sticky gel… the earlier one was fluid and flowy, not at all sticky gel like. Ewwww ! And the smell… Yuck ! Ewww... Well, They just lost a lifelong customer in me. Shows when you have a good product that sells well, you shouldn't bother to go change it for no rhyme or reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pearl,

    you so right abt the consistency of the gel and that weird smell...do you also think that it has sandalwood in it????..becoz i think that's y it makes the skin more drier in winter for me~x(....i think their soaps are still the same right? but i think it is still keep coming back to it...others are either too creamy or too dry.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet to try their facewashes, I wld use the soap as a kid & loved its smell :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey...its a famous name in south!!!

    http://beautyrushwithash.blogspot.com/2010/12/15-seemingly-not-so-serious-bloopers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. No, its not sandalwood. Its just a chemically tingling smell. If they wld use sandalwood, they wld write in it ingredients and moreover, mention it heavily in ads to make it enticing for ppl. Infact, if you compare the earlier one (if u remember it) and the new one, they have removed milk protein and other ingredients [ Mebe thats why the dry effect is coming ] and they did this change so as to reduce the cost of making it, thus making more profit for them. How crappy of them! And the difference btwn the two can easily be made out... so its their loss completely, wen they lose out on loyal consumers like me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. for some reason, pears never suited me. i'm allergic to it :\
    btw lovely blog.m a follower now.
    i hv started blogging at Vanity No Apologies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Vivre :D oh..yeah i know my sis is allergic to it..:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pearl

    yah i agree with you the new orange one is not nice, i yet prefer the old one , i used to import it as it live outside India. I hope Unilever are reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love pears as its just right for my sensitive skin..its the only facewash that has agreed with me but at times makes my skin oily.......i think its because of the ingredient GLYCERIN? is it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes you are right. I have discovered that you have to use two face washes through out the year..to suit the weather and skin condition. I'm using pears/ponds with olay..keeps my skin glowing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. pears face wash is a very good product......try it to all

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...