Hi my dear friends, how was your New year, mine was a busy one..as I had my folks over to my place for dinner. My brother has been asking me to make chicken momos for a long time now. This is one of the easiest recipe that you could make and is delicious too...
I like to believe that this is one the healthiest dish coz no frying in the oil etc..but since I use Maida (its not so healthy)....OK now lets get down to make this and impress your in-laws.....
Maida = 1 cup
Water = to make the dough
For the stuffing:
Minced chicken= 1/2 kg
Minced Onion = 2 big
Minced Ginger= 2 inch piece
Minced Garlic=10-15 pearls
Chopped green Coriander =1/2 cup
Chopped green chille = 4-5
Soya sauce = 1 tsp
Salt = as per taste
How to :
- Make a smooth dough of Maida the consistency should be that of roti dough.
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing in a bowl and mix well.
- Make small pooris but it should be very thin.
- Stuff the pooris with the chicken stuffing ( shape them like you would do a modak)and steam it for abt 20 min. I steamed in my Idly steamer.
- Serve hot with Garlic and red chillies hot sauce.
|Thin Maida Pooris|
|Momo's before steaming|
|Momos in the steamer|
|Hot Momo's with the Garlic n Chille sauce|